ADS Beckhoff License for the license SUP-x all supervisors and also all JACE8000, MAC36, drivers for BECKHOFF ADS (Niagara data points must be purchased separately) Supported types: DISPLAYNAME, FACETS, DEVFACETS, ACCESS, HISTORY, ALARM
Unfortunately, the data types cannot be discovered over ADS. For now, the only way is to get the types out from the TPY file. This file is generated automatically from Beckhoff PLC Control as you compile your project.
You can follow these steps:
• At first, you will need the actual TPY file. Transfer this file to your Niagara Station
• In the device properties you will find a property named “Tpy File”. Set this property to the Ord of the TPY file in the station.
Add the variable
• Go to points and click “discover”. You can now discover either over ADS or from TPY.
• Set the option “Reload Data Types From Tpy” to TRUE. This will cause the device to rebuild the “Tpy Data Type Repository”. Alternatively, you can invoke the action “Reload Tpy File” on the device.
• After discovering you should see the points as a hierarchical structure in the discover panel. Like this
ADS Beckhoff License for the license SUP-x all supervisors and also all JACE8000, MAC36, drivers for BECKHOFF ADS.